At St Oswald’s we have set ourselves a vision of being
‘Jesus Shaped People’. The JSP course has five themes – people, teaching, prayer, team building and prophetic challenge.
- We aim to be a growing church attracting 5 new people every year of all ages and ethnicities
- We expect children and young people to be part of the life of the church
- We seek to be a place where new believers are nurtured and discipled
- We desire to offer nurture and discipleship for all our members to become more Christ like
- We aim to be a diverse community where people get to know each other more both on Sunday and during the week
- To invite people to share responsibilities in the life of the church.
- To commit to prayer outside Sunday services
- To commit to financial giving for the needs of the world
- To serve Little Horton in the name of Christ
- To serve the wider world in the name of Christ
St Oswald’s is dedicated to serve God within its community.
We believe in worship.
We believe in serving the community, involved in local schools.
We believe in mission.
We believe in fellowship.- outings into the countryside, meals together, a summer garden party at the vicarage,as well as monthly coffee mornings.
We believe in working together with other churches. We are part of ‘Branches of the Vine’, Churches Together in BD5, and share in joint projects during Lent and Advent, united open-air services, and a pulpit exchange in January. We are part of the family of churches in the diocese of Leeds; see http://www.leeds.anglican.org.